Learn studio and lighting techniques from a basic to intermediate level.
The perfect complement to our Studio Induction Sessions, this workshop will give you the opportunity to learn more about different lighting setups and to put them in practice by working with a beautiful professional model, using professional studio equipment.
The intention with this workshop is to help you understand the essentials of studio lighting, and how to achieve your creative vision. After this workshop, I want you to feel comfortable next time you step into a studio, knowing you have a solid place to start from, and have the confidence to experiment further.
The workshop will be based on a hands-on approach and will focus on:
– Camera settings, lens choices and the effect of different focal lengths on the final image;
– Working in manual exposure mode for total control;
– The basics of portraiture composition;
– Guided practice, working with a professional model;
– Different ways of posing and positioning the subject;
– Setting up and shooting in different studio lighting scenarios, from the standard “one light” set ups to a typical 4 lights scenario (Key, fill, rim and background lighting);
– Using different light modifiers, from reflectors and beauty dishes to umbrellas and soft boxes;
– High-key and low-key lighting.
You can check Jessica’s portfolio in the gallery attached.
A professional photography studio near Stratford. Different backgrounds, light modifiers and props available.
No experience of the particular theme is required and we can accommodate all levels of ability. As usual, we will take care of everything and all you need is your camera (with a standard hot-shoe to accommodate the provided radio trigger for the lights).
Parking places are available nearby the studio.
• BeautyWorks Magazine
All participants to our photo shoots and events are invited to send their best photos for publication in our free monthly magazine. Current issue available here:
3h shared by maximum 4 photographers, each working 1-2-1 with the model, on rotation
Monday, 31st January – 17:30-20:30